Thursday, August 5, 2021

How to fix Chrome, Firefox Blurry, Over bright, fading after Windows 10 Update

Today morning, I updated My HP Laptop to Windows 10. The first impression was great, crystal clear images, better wallpaper, better themes, better welcome screen, and improved start menu and taskbar at the right-hand corner. But when I open Chrome and Firefox the text look faded, more bright and the contrast was not perfect. Since I had not changed anything, I suspect this is the Windows 10 default settings that are causing the problem. I knew it before because I had also faced similar issues when I was moved from Windows XP to Windows 8 and then Windows 8.1 update. 

If you are facing the same problem where your Chrome, Firefox is not looking clear, instead of looking blurry and faded then you need to adjust your Laptop's screen brightness, contrast, and gamma.

I really hated the initial impression of Chrome because next wasn't clear, everywhere seems over bright without sufficient contrast, but thankfully after adjusting contrast, brightness, and gamma I managed to get the clarity back. If you face a similar issue after upgrading to Windows 8 then you can follow these steps to fix it.



How to adjust brightness, contrast, and gamma in Windows 10 

Here are the exact steps I have taken to make text clear and improve visibility in Chrome and Firefox browsers. Remember, it's nothing to do with Chrome or Firefox, you need to adjust Windows screen brightness, contrast, and gamma settings.  Here are the steps to do it :




1) Open Graphics Settings 
Go to your Desktop and then right-click and select Graphics Properties, as shown below. This will open the graphics properties window. I am using Intel HD Graphics Card with my HP ENVY Laptop and Nvidia GEFORCE.


2. Select Display in Intel HD Graphics Control Panel
After clicking Graphics Properties it will open a window for Intel HD Graphics Control Panel as shown below, you just need to select the Display option to adjust brightness, contrast, and gamma settings, as shown in the next step.




3. Select Color Settings to adjust Brightness, Contrast, and Gamma in Windows 10
Now next step is to select color settings option, its second option, first, begin General setting. Here you have the option to adjust your screen's brightness, contrast, and gamma to remove that fading, over brightness, and blurriness from Chrome browser. It gives you a couple of samples to see the actual and combined effect of these 3 settings. 

This time, you shouldn't select the image because if you go for maximum clarity on the image then your text will look blur especially in the browser like Chrome and Firefox. I don't know the exact reason but you need to compromise between Image and text quality here. 

You can adjust brightness, contrast, and gamma to your liking by dragging the line bar. Once you are done don't forget to click apply setting option. This will save your current setting. The great issue is solved now. You can see your text and images in Chrome as much clear you want.




That's all about how to fix blurriness, mover brightness, and fading issue on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browser in Windows 10. I am really happy with Windows 10, it improves start-up speed, the start menu is back with improvement, and the taskbar is also greatly improved. I just wished that text and image clarity on the browser should also be up to mark but that's not the case. 

Windows 10 Desktop is looking really new, shiny due to high-quality wallpaper but as soon as you open Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, the new browser available in Windows 10, you will feel that over brightness and lack of contrast and clarity. Let me know if you also face the same problem and if this solution helped you.

Cheers, and enjoy Windows 10 update !!

3 comments :

Deidrel said...

I also experienced this problem after updating to Windows 10 (I noticed it even before I opened a browser or word processor, because my desktop wallpaper photograph looked so different). I wish Windows 10 hadn't changed my colors; it was tricky to approximate what they were before! Thanks for this guide to correcting the problem efficiently.

Anonymous said...

I also experiencing very disappointing quality on pictures I have on my computer. I still don't know how to fix the picture quality. If anyone has any specific advice on that, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your assistance. :)

Post a Comment